Monday, November 21, 2011

The one with a mini...

Its been a looooong time since I have made a mini. I love the look and intend to make them all the time... but then I just make another scrapbook page. So this month when I got this line from Simple Stores in my kit I knew right away it would make a cute mini. (btw- simple stories is all on sale this month at Scrappy Chic - 25%off!)

I can't remember what blog I saw this idea on but its the fastest, cheapest mini ever! ( Edit - found the site here - scroll down half way to see the inspiration album here!!) So all I used was three sheets of paper, one sticker sheet and mics letter stickers and chipboard. I think it all totals to be under $10. (Great Christmas gift idea maybe???)

Hers is the front...
Inside cover... my mom and dad :)

Second page.... us :)

Back cover...


On the back side....

and....

So all you need is one sheet of 12x12 paper cut in half. Score both pieces at 4" so it makes 4x6 pages. Then glue the two pages together. It makes a 'Z' shaped album.

On the front cover just sew some ribbon on to each side so that you can fold it flat and tie it up. Great for a little baby brag book or for a desk.

If it still doesn't make sense then you will have to check it out at Scrappy Chic in real life. In total I think it took me about 2 hours to complete the whole project. The Simple Stories line make it super easy with the mix of journal card paper, stickers and patterned paper.


I have plans to make a couple more for some special Christmas gifts now :)

This week I have been super busy with work... and also 3 invitation consultations! The girls are super sweet and I can't wait to work with them. I love how every bride has such a different idea for their wedding....which means I get to be extra creative coming up with something special just for them.

Off to work on some quotes and maybe scrapbook a little too!

Have a great night,


2 comments:

scrapfool33 said...

Hi Liz - LUV LUV LUV your easy mini - that's all I've been making for the past year and yours is awesome! Love the style and also the colors - can't wait to see it in person at SC! If you find the full instructions, please let us know so we can make some of these too - Great job! Bye, Cathy C.

Angela said...

I saw this in the store and just knew it was yours! Not only is it gorgeous, but those Basic Grey alphas are a dead giveaway for a Liz project ;)

Will I see you at the yard sale Sunday? I can bring your little package if so...let me know.